- To provide access to noncurrent records.
- To search, locate, and conserve the records, art and artifacts of historical and archaeological significance.
- To advise researchers from National College of Arts and the wider community on the use of records for research purposes.
- To provide researchers with information on the location of records relating to the arts and crafts kept in other libraries and archives and to facilitate the publication of such material.
- To identify and initiate new projects.
The approximately 3500 items of records in the NCA archives consist of typed and handwritten papers, maps, charts, photographs and other objects. Spreading over almost a century and a quarter, the records up to the year 1975 contain: personal files and papers of the staff; financial and administrative statements and office orders of the institution; official records of students and supporting staff; manuscripts of the British Government; architectural drawings of state buildings; maps; decoration plans and proceedings of cultural events and official displays; records of International “arts and crafts” exhibitions.
The list of holdings contains all available records
and is revised periodically as and when more records
are processed into the NCA Archives. Accessing
the inactive NCA record is an ongoing process. The
information provided for each collection in the list
consists of the accession numbers, date, range and
the quantity of the records. For some of the records,
more extensive information, concerning the content
and finding aids is available. It is anticipated that
more detailed information will be progressively
added in each collection. In addition to the list of
holdings, the NCA Archives can make available:
1. The list of students of Mayo School of Arts (1906 to 1958)
2. The list of students of National College of Arts (1958 to 1995)
3. Photographs of faculty of Mayo School of Arts/National College of Arts
4. Old and rare photographs of personalities, buildings and exhibitions (1880-1975)
5. Annual result statements of students of Mayo School of Arts/National College of Arts (1906-1976)
6. List of artworks and artifacts produced by artisans and craftsmen of Mayo School of Arts.
Download List of Holdings
Archives are available by appointment only. An appointment can be made by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
BFA, NCA Lahore, Pakistan
MA (Hons.) Visual Art, NCA Lahore, Pakistan
M.Phil. Sound Design (Aix-en-Provence France)
M.A. Multimedia Arts, NCA, Lahore
Masters in Art Administration COFA, University of new South Wales, Sydney, Australia
© Copyrights - National College of Arts
Design: Baber Baig - Development: Qasim Naeem